Tuesday 17 December 2013

Vera Cruz


Last night I met up with my lion friends again, after I discovered that Vera Cruz was blocked of for re-surfacing.

I wanted to know if they really were responsible for trashing the road surface.

But lo and behold, they had an alibi and insisted that even though they had a big grudge against the Mayor for retiring them early, vandalism was not the way to achieve a change of administration.
So, we got talking about the past instead. That is always interesting.
They told me they were modelled on a rock just outside of town called the Lion Rock.
I had never been that way before and did not know where it was exactly and how to get there and back while it was still dark.
Then I had an idea…


I would send a message to my friend Tomás down at the garden centre.

He has a horse and cart, and could pick me up at the corner of my street.