Sunday 10 November 2013

The Stone Lions


It was a dark and rainy night.

But as we gnomes do not easily get wet in the rain,
I ventured out to see how my four lion friends were doing down on the river slope.

Four Stone LionsThey have now been there for quite a few years, waiting patiently to get back to work as fountain supports.

It was a tricky walk, as the roads were like small rivers, but there were nobody about, so I managed to reach my friends safely.

They had just come back from a game of bowling on Avenida Cervantes I could see.

Their bowling balls were neatly stacked in front of them.


We talked about the mayor, who they felt was responsible for them being out of work.

Ducks in a rowThey felt like doing mischief to annoy him.

One plan was to run up and down Vera Cruz to see if the cheap surface he has installed would stand up to four stone lions galloping up and down.

My feeling was that we needed help to get this organised, and get our ducks in a row.

So we decided
to meet up again soon
and bring
the chairman along.